[c-nsp] connection speed at physical layer

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Thu Jul 21 16:00:49 EDT 2011

I see - thanks for the clarification.

The command on most of our switches to determine what speeds we can
support is:

show interface capabilities (nxos/ios)
show port capabilities (catos)

Chances are, your friend was using a 10/100/1000 port - but some
interfaces are strictly 1000 (usually gbic/sfp interfaces though) and in
that case no link should be observed.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco