[c-nsp] Problem with IP Inspect

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Fri Jul 22 19:29:20 EDT 2011

Tried your suggestion, thanks. Created a the following ACL...

ip access-list extended FaInboundACL
 permit ip any any

Added it to the inbound traffic on the LAN interface....

interface FastEthernet0/0
 description Win.net Chestnut St Office LAN
 ip address 216.24.33.1 255.255.255.0
 ip access-group FaInboundACL in
 ip verify unicast reverse-path
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 ip route-cache same-interface
 speed 100
 full-duplex
 no cdp enable

Not surprisingly, no effect, web browsing and everything work normally. I
then added the "ip inspect" ...

interface FastEthernet0/0
 description Win.net Chestnut St Office LAN
 ip address 216.24.33.1 255.255.255.0
 ip access-group FaInboundACL in
 ip verify unicast reverse-path
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 ip inspect WinnetOffice in
 ip route-cache same-interface
 speed 100
 full-duplex
 no cdp enable

And web browsing from the LAN stops working again.