[c-nsp] Number of route reflectors, best practice?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Jul 24 11:15:28 EDT 2011

On Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:01:41 PM Matt Addison wrote:

> > supports today. So it was a case of:
> The ASR1001 supports the (poorly advertised and
> not-at-all documented it seems) BGP selective download
> feature- which can filter routes from BGP to the RIB.
>
> route-map bgp-to-rib deny 10
> !
>
> router bgp 64512
>  address family ipv4 unicast
>    table-map bgp-to-rib filter

Interesting, we use the 'table-map' feature quite
extensively for policy accounting, but didn't know one of
its applications is as you describe.

I'm just not sure how an ASR1001 would react when the FIB
has overflowed. I don't really care as our route reflectors
don't normally forward traffic, but it maybe strange things
could happen. Don't know, never tested.

Cheers,

Mark.