[c-nsp] Fluke Neworks PfR Manager

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sun Jul 24 15:50:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

At one point Cisco was going to release a standalone appliance for OER/PFR which would allow you to generate reports/manage the system etc.

Once Cisco officially decided that they weren't going to release the management backend components for OER/PFR (reporting, management, etc), I think most people considered it a sign that they weren't going to be developing it on an on-going basis.

Also keep in mind that OER/PFR has some kind of limitation (I think 16,000) as the maximum number of prefixes it can watch at any given time, so it is more of a WAN routing optimization system rather than an Internet routing optimization system.

If you want an actual product for this you will need an Internap FCP.

thanks,
-Drew