[c-nsp] tftp woes

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:43:01 EDT 2011

Hello,

We have imaging servers in all of our locations, and we normally image
around 30 to 60 machines at once.  The image is usually stored on a
server with local SAS raid storage, which is connected to a 3560G
at1Gbps, and then to 2960's (10/100 w/Gig Uplinks to the 3560G).

After about 12-15 machines start the image transfer the server gets
over utilized and the tftp download from the server starts to take a
lot longer on the rest of the machines that need to download the
imaging software, not the image itself.  Is there a simple way on
these switches to prioritize the tftp traffic over the actual image
transfer?  Possibly some simple QOS commands?

Thanks,
Dan.