[c-nsp] just installed a Huawei...

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 00:51:26 EDT 2011

Not sure if it's any interest of this group, but I just installed a
Huawei CX600 router this last week.

It's like Cisco quality (garbage!) for the price that Cisco should be
(low!).  The commands are very similar (e.g. switchport -> portswitch,
no shut -> undo shut, etc), and you configure it almost identical to
what you'd expect on a Cisco.

The worst part about the Huawei is probably the documentation.  It's
scattered all over the place, so if you want something simple (like
telnet access), it's in a completely different PDF than if you want,
say, VLAN configuration commands.  Finding it all is a huge scavenger
hunt.

But hey...for like a 1/4 of the price or whatever (so I've heard), I'd
say it's worth it.  :b

--
Also on LinkedIn?  Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubacuda at gmail.com