[c-nsp] RPS 675 SNMP monitoring

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Jul 26 21:13:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

	I've googled and have not gotten a good answer so please excuse me if I
missed something obvious.

	I want to poll my cisco switches with snmp and verify they are on AC
power and, if possible, verify that they also have the RPS connected and
that it's reporting good status as well. I have looked over also the
cisco-envmon-mib and it's not clear to me what variable(s) I should look
at or which values would indicate 'good' and so forth. I *think* I want
to be looking at:

"ciscoEnvMonSupplyState"		"1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.1.3"
"ciscoEnvMonSupplySource"		"1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.1.4"

But on my switches, these aren't complete oid's. I need to add '.1003'
to the end to get the value. And on another model of switch, I don't. So
it seems inconsistient at best. I just want my monitoring system to
throw alerts if it's ever observed that any switch is on RPS.

Can anyone give me the oid's to look for and the values I should see?

Thanks.

Mike-