[c-nsp] Are "line protocol" and LIT the same?

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Wed Jul 27 21:36:56 EDT 2011

There are more measured than simple keep alives.  If you pull an interface
you lose carrier, timing, frames, and other various components of the
communication method in question.

When you view an interface the first up indicates that the interface is
enabled and the line protocol means that in a down state you're not
receiving anything valid in terms of your communications protocol of choice.