[c-nsp] 15.0(SE) 3560 was ME3600X Netflow and WCCP?

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Thu Jul 28 03:35:03 EDT 2011

I've had some quite odd problems with IPv6 with 12.2(58)SE1.  Upon
loopbacks were there, but non functional.  Routes for them were
propagated throughout OSPFv3 but I wasn't able to ping them from
anything other than the local router itself where the loopback was
configured.  But yet I was able to successfully ping and trace to other
IPv6 addresses on VLAN interfaces on the switch itself.  There was also
some route looping going on which was evident in traceroutes to the
loopbacks on those devices which were exhibiting the problem, although
the (show ip) route tables looked fine.

I wondered if this was some sort of mis-programming or bug within the
forwarding tables or something.......

What's really odd is that I upgraded four units, and two exhibited this
problem whereas two others didn't.  So it wasn't just a one off, and
didn't come good by reloading a second time.  The configs were all
similar, ones that worked were a 3750E, 3560G and one that failed was a
3560-V2 (the other one that failed I can't recall right now).

After spending an hour trying to work out what was going on and if I
could work around it, I rolled those two offenders back to 12.2(55)SE3
and it all came good again.

Given the heap of new features in 12.2(58)SE (some very welcome,
especially the WCCP ACL deny ability fixed finally) I wasn't overly
surprised to be finding a few glitches though...

Reuben