[c-nsp] IOS-XR

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:43:37 EDT 2011

Hi Osama,

One thing you will need to know is that it takes about 45 minutes to load
the new IOS-XR from IOS. Once this is complete, you will need to write a new
config. Not something that is practical if you are upgrading a production
router. If you are upgrading one that is not currently in production yet,
then the learning process and configuration is fairly easy to pick up for
the most part.

Cisco has a PDF on how to upgrade from IOS and how to revert back to IOS
that is easy to follow. A search for IOS to XR upgrade should get you what
you need.

-Lee