[c-nsp] 7600 HFIB bug?

Persio Pucci persio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:53:21 EDT 2011

Matthew,

clear arp, clear ip route, clear cef, nothing helps, I have even reloaded SP
and Rio routers during a window, tired of this, and still it won't work.

I am running 12.2(33r)SRB4 on a RSP720-3CXL-GE. Interfaces have MPLS
running. And Multicast, but so they did before when it worked.

Before it broke, MPLS was on both to_SP and to_NY interfaces, and I had a
MPLS-TE tunnel from SP to NY. When it broke, the tunnel would not work and I
had to remove it, remove MPLS from the to_NY interface, and make Rio a BGP
hop for both SP and NY to resume communications.

The weirdest part is that when we first brought up the 7600, it was working
OK. But then we had a hit on our Rio/SP circuit, and when it cam back, it
never worked again.

This is the to_SP interface

interface POS4/1/0
>  description * TO SPO * ACTIVE
>  ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.252
>  ip nat outside
>  ip router isis
>  ip pim sparse-dense-mode
>  mpls traffic-eng tunnels
>  mpls ldp discovery transport-address X.X.X.X
>  mpls label protocol ldp
>  mpls ip
>  crc 32
>  pos framing sdh
>  pos scramble-atm
>  aps group 20
>  aps working 1
>  hold-queue 4096 in
>  hold-queue 4096 out
>  ip rsvp bandwidth 100000 100000
> end

This is to NY

interface GigabitEthernet1/2
>  description * TO NY*1 *
>  ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.252 secondary
>  ip address X.X.X.X 255.255.255.240
>  ip access-group 123 out
>  no ip redirects
>  ip router isis
>  load-interval 30
>  mpls mtu 1524
>  mpls traffic-eng tunnels
>  mpls ldp discovery transport-address X.X.X.X
>  mpls label protocol ldp
>  mpls ip
>  spanning-tree link-type point-to-point
>  hold-queue 4096 in
>  ip rsvp bandwidth 100000 100000
> end

ACL 123 is the one I have in place in the meanwhile punting the packets I
really need to go through:

access-list 123 permit ip any X.X.XX 0.0.0.255 log