[c-nsp] service-policy on 2960 doesn't shape

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Fri Jul 29 11:40:58 EDT 2011

I'm trying to configure service policy on interface but it seems not
working at all. While same config working on old 2950. Here is sample of
it. 2960 running on 12.2(55)SE3. Any ideas?

policy-map 10Mbit
  class class-default
   police 10000000 512000 exceed-action drop

interface FastEthernet0/4
  switchport access vlan 4
  spanning-tree portfast
  service-policy input 10Mbit

And output of command show policy-map int.

show policy-map int
  FastEthernet0/4

   Service-policy input: 10Mbit

     Class-map: class-default (match-any)
       0 packets, 0 bytes
       5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
       Match: any
         0 packets, 0 bytes
         5 minute rate 0 bps

Before this config I did tried configure it with access-list with same
result, so I trying just match anything.