[c-nsp] BGP peer/customer routes

Vitkovsky, Adam avitkovsky at emea.att.com
Wed Jun 1 05:54:42 EDT 2011

Right, got the point -than the trafic would have to pass the expensive upstream links and that would not be desirable

Filtering just the more specifics on AS10's peering and upstream links sounds good + offer community so that AS5 can mark the routes they advertise to AS10 as backup (prefix would get low local-pref within AS10 and would get as10 prepended when sent to AS10's transit)
-in case AS5 would like to use AS10 as the backup provider

But what if AS5 is a content provider and all the AS10 customers would now have to use the peering links ruining the tx/rx ratio :)

adam