[c-nsp] Cisco 6509-E with SUP32 and WS-X6148A-GE-45AF, interfaces flapping

Jeroen van Ingen jeroen at zijndomein.nl
Wed Jun 1 10:47:34 EDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

> +1 here, but we don't have any 6500s terminating the user/desktop ends; but I have seen
> this on other switches.
> Many desktops that support "wake-on-LAN" or similar power saving mode do indeed drop
> down to a dumber 10/half "sleeping" mode.
>
> It drives Procurve switches nuts :)

I agree that this is common behaviour, but how does it "drive Procurve
switches nuts"? Our edge is almost all Procurve, but I don't see any of
our switches having a problem with a host changing its link properties a
couple of times.

Just wondering what you're seeing exactly...

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands