[c-nsp] Memory leak on in latest 12.0S on GSR?

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Thu Jun 2 12:36:11 EDT 2011

These occur due to memory leaks in the BGP process.
Disabled BGP sessions can cause memory leakage and the type of CPU issues you are seeing.

Solution is upgrade to latest 12.0(33)S train.

Work around is periodic reloads and eliminating down/shutdown bgp sessions.

I am sure there are other bugs but not sure what all of them are.

Mack McBride
Network Architect