[c-nsp] Routing Question

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:21:54 EDT 2011

Hey Tony and Gert,

Now this is getting interesting, I wasn't aware that you could run VRF's
without MPLS, I have just recently gotten the Cisco routers and don't know
everything about them or the Cisco configurations I can use.  Once I get
some time today, I will start looking into how to set it up.  If you have an
example of how to set this up, that would be awesome to see.  Or a link that
you could send me, but I believe I would have to do something like the
following:

Setup the VRP instance on the router, use iBGP to pull the BGP routing table
from the router itself, then use either local-prefs or weights to set the
BGP peers I want to use on that instance higher than the others, then after
that is setup, and this is another point I will need to figure out,
associate the different vlans to that VRF, I believe that should be similar
to the k9 unit setup for passing the couple of VLANs we have using it.
Although that does bring up another question, how to tie the k9 unit into
the two VRF's so that I can do the filtering and then route out the
different BGP paths.  I believe I have an idea on how to do it, but wanted
to ask these questions because you guys know a lot more than I do on how
this can be setup and how it will work.  :-)

Thanks for everything

Joe