[c-nsp] IPv6 Prefix inbound filter

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jun 3 12:24:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 08:34:38PM +0530, arulgobinath emmanuel wrote:
> I thought the memory requirement might high but the total memory for /48
> range routes and couple of static routes  [show memory summary | inc IPv6]
> summing up only around ~4mb

There's only a few thousand IPv6 routes *today*...

As for the original question - I see people filter on RIR allocation
boundaries (/32 for ISPs, /48 for PI) and other people don't filter at
all... so YMMV.

My personal recommendation would be:

 - register your prefixes in your local IRR-Database
 - filter your customers by IRR-DB - what's not in there doesn't go into
   the global BGP table.  No exceptions.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de