[c-nsp] Placing an Interface into a VRF Causes it to Become "no passive" Underneath v6 OSPF

Devon True devon at noved.org
Tue Jun 14 09:33:46 EDT 2011

On 6/8/2011 11:49 AM, Devon True wrote:
> All:
>
> On our 6500s running SXI5, I have noticed that whenever a vlan interface
> is assigned to a vrf, the interface is inserted as "no
> passive-interface" underneath our ipv6 ospf process.
>
> Does anyone know of a knob to turn this "feature" off?
>
> Thanks!

[Follow-up to list]

Response from Cisco:

"The reported problem was presented in previous OSPFv3 Routing
component. It has been fixed in current component code.  The future
release 15.0(1)SY on 6500 platform will be integrated with fix.   It's
currently also available for other platforms in the 15M/T and 15S
release trains."

--
Devon