[c-nsp] BGP Private-AS removal

Simon Allard simon.allard at team.orcon.net.nz
Wed Jun 15 13:14:12 EDT 2011

That only works if the private AS is originating the routes. Since the Private AS's are actually in the middle of the path that command will do nothing.

I have been struck by this issue in the past, and the only way I could resolve it was to change my private AS's to publics, or originate the customers routes.

I got some nasty emails from people telling me I was leaking private AS's into the global bgp table. Not fun!