[c-nsp] VSS - Horror stories, show-stoppers, other personal experience?

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Thu Jun 16 20:25:30 EDT 2011

On Friday, June 17, 2011, Mike G <geezyx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the great feedback Andrew!  Did you ever discover the cause of the crash?  Also, was the 20 second outage due to the delay in the active-hot sup taking over or was it something else?

Iirc - the crash logs reported a cache corruption, and the 20 seconds
were spanning tree settling down - will ask my colleague in 2 weeks
when he gets back from holidays. Dont forget however - we are running
an old release on these boxes - ?sxi6/ sxj is current?  - and it only
happened after more than 1 year uptime. Not being an ISP means we can
get away with running older software longer.

We did open a tac case but unfortunately were not in a position to
replicate the problem.

Andrew