[c-nsp] SLA newbie question...

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Jun 20 08:32:03 EDT 2011

Are there any good pointers/references to setting up very basic SLA monitoring, as well
as some recording/reporting package that doesn't require large truckloads of cash?

We have been doing some crude metrics with simple SNMP/ping reachability from some other
monitoring tools, but trying to get a more formal and consistent measure.

Nothing terribly fancy, and preferably something that can be implemented on Catalysts
(6500s core/border, various smaller ones in distribution).

I have seen a few references for OpenNMS but that may be overkill (we have satisfactory
monitoring / alerting otherwise, don't need another full set of wheels to add this one
feature)

Jeff