[c-nsp] VSS - Horror stories, show-stoppers, other personal experience?

Murphy, William William.Murphy at uth.tmc.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:43:24 EDT 2011

We have been using L3 access for a couple of years and it does work quite
well, but we are migrating away from it due to the fact that IPv6 forwarding
in hardware is not doable on our access-layer switches, and it'd cost a
bundle to upgrade everything.  For one of my larger buildings, upgrading to
VSS and moving routing to the distribution was a lot cheaper than buying 45
Sup7's for my 4500 access-layer switches so I can do IPv6 in hardware...