[c-nsp] Nexus 2k - host ports

Martin Clifton Martin.Clifton at vu.edu.au
Fri Jun 24 02:35:08 EDT 2011

Hi Simon,

We came across a similar problem where we had no choice but retain some
Cat3750s in between the servers and our N2Ks.
On the connecting ports on the 3750:  spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
Not a great workaround, but is only short-term.

I'm not familiar with ILO but assume it is some sort of server management
port. Where I am they are Dell servers and DRAC ports (I think).
Whatever, they also are 100Mbps only.  Driven by the absence of 100Mbps
ports on our N2Ks, it motivated us to set up a separate "out-of-band"
management network based on spare Cat2960s and Cat3750s.

Regards, Martin