[c-nsp] Redundancy via routing failover when Internet Connectivity Fails

Ranjith R ranjithrnair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:11:27 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Is there a way by which we can dynamically manipulate the COST of
redistributed static routes in OSPF with the help of EEM ?
The scenario is as below

We have VPN firewalls on one of our Datacenters and all the necessary Client
connectivity is publised in OSPF ( redistributing static routes )  with
routes pointing to these firewalls . now we are coming up with DR Datacenter
and we need to acheive the failover in the below scenario

When the internet connectivity in Primary DC is down , the BGP failover will
happen to the DR Datacenter , but  the internal routing failover should also
happen at the same time with the routes pointing to the VPN firewall in DR
datacenter .

Is there a way by which we can acheive this ?

Thanks,
Ranjith