[c-nsp] Brute Forcer [Slightly OT]

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:39:30 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I've had a play with Hydra which can brute force a Telnet session to a
Cisco device. The problem is Hydra (as far as I can tell) only uses
dictionary attacks. Does anyone know of a tool that will brute force
Telnet and/or SNMP communities when given a typical brute force
character set like a-zA-Z0-9 etc and length, instead of a dictionary.

Although Hydra is nice and fast I know for a fact we have no typical
dictionary words as password on our network so unless I can find some
strange dictionaries it wont do :)

Bonus points for anyone that can recommend a tool they have actually
used and not just read about and have had success with said tool :D

--
James.
http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/