[c-nsp] High CPU issues on 6513 with LACP

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:50:32 EDT 2011

Greetings--

   I recently installed a stack of HP (H3C) switches in a closet and
connected them with an LACP link to a 6513 running 12.2(17d)SXB11a. (Yes,
that is circa 2006, don't ask. At least the beast wasn't running in hybrid
mode!) The 6513 physical LAG ports were configured with "mode active".

   When using static LAG on the HP switches the 6513's CPU utilization
climbed so high that packets were dropping and a "sh run int po2" would not
complete. When I moved to using dynamic LAG on the HP switches, the uplink
worked just fine. Anyone heard of such an issue specific to static LAG, or
perhaps an issues with a sub-optimal version of IOS.

cjw