[c-nsp] view oversubscribed ports on Cisco 4500 platform

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:16:47 EDT 2011

Maarten,
port oversubscription map for "WS-X4448-GB-RJ45" is just as you guessed:

* Ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6, 7, 8
* Ports 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
* Ports 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
* Ports 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
* Ports 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
* Ports 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Source: http://mcaf.ee/t7q4c However, maybe those "show platform
chassis module 6" or "show platform chassis module 5" actually show
port groups if you say each module(even 48xFa ones) have this 6x 1GE
architecture. For example beginning of the "show platform chassis
module 5" output:

StubId              StubType  StubPortId       ConnectorType  PortName
     0                 Astro           0               RJ-45     Fa5/1
     0                 Astro           1               RJ-45     Fa5/2
     0                 Astro           2               RJ-45     Fa5/3
     0                 Astro           3               RJ-45     Fa5/4
     0                 Astro           4               RJ-45     Fa5/6
     0                 Astro           5               RJ-45     Fa5/5
     0                 Astro           6               RJ-45     Fa5/7
     0                 Astro           7               RJ-45     Fa5/8
     1                 Astro           0               RJ-45     Fa5/9
     1                 Astro           1               RJ-45    Fa5/10
     1                 Astro           2               RJ-45    Fa5/11
     1                 Astro           3               RJ-45    Fa5/12
     1                 Astro           4               RJ-45    Fa5/14
     1                 Astro           5               RJ-45    Fa5/13
     1                 Astro           6               RJ-45    Fa5/15
     1                 Astro           7               RJ-45    Fa5/16
     2                 Astro           0               RJ-45    Fa5/17
     2                 Astro           1               RJ-45    Fa5/18
     2                 Astro           2               RJ-45    Fa5/19
     2                 Astro           3               RJ-45    Fa5/20
     2                 Astro           4               RJ-45    Fa5/22
     2                 Astro           5               RJ-45    Fa5/21
     2                 Astro           6               RJ-45    Fa5/23
     2                 Astro           7               RJ-45    Fa5/24
     3                 Astro           0               RJ-45    Fa5/25
     3                 Astro           1               RJ-45    Fa5/26
     3                 Astro           2               RJ-45    Fa5/27
     3                 Astro           3               RJ-45    Fa5/28
     3                 Astro           4               RJ-45    Fa5/30
     3                 Astro           5               RJ-45    Fa5/29
     3                 Astro           6               RJ-45    Fa5/31
     3                 Astro           7               RJ-45    Fa5/32
     4                 Astro           0               RJ-45    Fa5/33
     4                 Astro           1               RJ-45    Fa5/34
     4                 Astro           2               RJ-45    Fa5/35

Should the "StubId" mean "one 1GE connection to backplane"?

regards,
martin