[c-nsp] Replacing a 7206VXR w/ NPE-G1 with Sup720-3BXL w/ WS-X6408A-GBIC

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jun 29 11:56:38 EDT 2011

The "supervisor" is actually a split brain system...with the MSFC handling
routing calculations/manipulation and the PFC handling packet switching.
I expect your new setup will handle things just fine...and at least for
the moment, a Sup720-3BXL can handle full tables.

One annoyance, probably minor, is that none of cisco's GigE ports for the
6500 have a whole lot of output buffer, so if you're doing much traffic,
you will likely see some output drops, but not enough to cause problems.