[c-nsp] Fwd: IOS-XR and MRTG interface counters not working (SOLVED)

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 01:00:50 EDT 2011

Actually, it looks like the tech I had setup the mrtg config for this
particular router had used the IP of one of the gig interfaces instead of
the loopback interface. Changing it to use the loopback interface IP has it
polling the correct data. It was running 64bit counters, but was just
getting some bogus counters data using the interface IP. While I'm not sure
why it would get the bogus counter data using that IP, it should have using
the loopback IP in the first place.

Anyway, thank you everyone who replied.

-Lee