[c-nsp] Cisco ISR G2 and comp-lzs

Mark Mason MMason at jackhenry.com
Thu Jun 30 07:55:31 EDT 2011

To me it seems that comp-lzs documentation is old as dirt. Obviously it still works in almost all environments and in some it offers a huge benefit. Does anyone have real world numbers with comp-lzs running on new ISR G2's?
ISR G2's have a higher-performing encryption accelerator that could increase the VPN performance three to five times that of the previous ISR G1's. To me, it seems like throwing lzs on top of that isn't going to gain much more. Thoughts?

Mark Mason

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution