[c-nsp] Why does PIM enable IGMP?

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Tue Mar 1 10:12:30 EST 2011

Turning on PIM also turns on the IGMP querier function so we therefor
have turned on IGMP as query message is of type IGMP. I have never
looked to see if we make a distinction between a multiaccess vlan
interface and a point to point routed interface where it is not
strictly needed but I assume we do not.

-Ben