[c-nsp] Bonded T3 Bandwidth issue

Jason Charlton jasonch518 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 04:25:42 EST 2011

The Anda equipment is used to bond TDM / SONET based circuits (DS1 / DS3 /
OC3) and provide an Ethernet circuit across.  The provider he is using would
have an Anda 2200 on their side, and one at his end. (That is both ends of
the bonding)  His hand-off from the Anda would be RJ45 ethernet, directly
into the 7200.

It seems that the provider is at fault here, based on the "bonding" to get
90Mbps (minus overhead) is done on their end.  The anda boxes have multiple
groups, so it is possible they do not have the DS3 circuits in the same
group on the configuration of the Anda box, which would provide only the
throughput of a single DS3, since only 1 would be mapped to his ethernet
hand-off.

Another thing to consider is that the Anda would need to be a 2212 (can you
verify it is) to do the bonding, because only that box has 2 DS3 ports on
the WAN side.  It is also an option to configure this as "protection" where
only 1 DS3 would be used at a time, and the other would be used if one were
down.  You can have the provider verify that configuration.

Hope to help.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Keegan Holley <keegan.holley at sungard.com>wrote:

> > That curiosity was the tip-off that the discussion here was going in a
> > direction inconsistent with the set-up that Lawrence
> > <cisco-nsp at theindianmaiden.com> has.
>
> Agree
>

> >    Not that he has explained it
> > fully yet,
>
> Agree
>
>  it seems pretty clear that no one is going to take
> > a metroE handoff and "plug" it into his cisco7200 by using a
>
> pair of DS3 ports with an Anda box.
> >
> Agree
>
> I guess I was intrigued by the use of the Anda box here.  I've only seen it
> used in metro-e environments.  It would help if OP would explain fully what
> he is trying to implement here.

Jason Charlton