[c-nsp] Cisco ASR1002 HSRP SNAT application redundancy question

Yavor Yanakiev yavorzlatev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 08:35:24 EST 2011

Someone with experience how to configure HSRP with Statefull NAT using the
application redundancy of the IOS XE? I want to have static NAT using the
HSRP groups for clients and SNAT. (I want to achieve this as in normal IOS
- http://blog.ipexpert.com/2009/04/27/high-availability-nat-with-hsrp/
High Availability NAT with HSRP)

The configuration that I have on the 1st ASR. The configuration is similar
on the second ASR

redundancy
 mode none
 application redundancy
  group 1
   name NAT-HSRPIN
   preempt
   control GigabitEthernet0/0/3.203 protocol 1
   data GigabitEthernet0/0/3.203
  protocol 1
   timers hellotime 4 holdtime 6

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/3.203
 encapsulation dot1Q 203
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 standby delay minimum 30 reload 60
 standby 1 ip 10.10.10.254
 standby 1 priority 110
 standby 1 preempt
 standby 1 name NAT-HSRPIN
 standby 1 track 1 decrement 20
 redundancy rii 40
 redundancy group 1 ip 10.10.10.254 exclusive decrement 20

ip nat inside source static 10.10.10.20 91.220.139.49 redundancy 1
mapping-id 1 extendable