[c-nsp] Multicast between VRFs within a single router, probably an ASR9K

Vijay Ramcharan vramcharan at promedianj.com
Wed Mar 9 15:21:22 EST 2011

John,
I'm no multicast expert having had no operational experience with it.

Have you looking into MVPN Extranets?
See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sb/feature/guide/extvpnsb.html

I think this is what you are trying to do by having one VRF contain your multicast sources (the extranet VRF) and the other VRFs be receivers. Wish I could lab it up but time doesn't permit.

The provider network depicted in the link above is collapsed onto your single ASR so it should probably still work as I don't think it matters that you only have a single P/PE router.