[c-nsp] Regular Expression Load Balancing

Wil Schultz wschultz at bsdboy.com
Thu Mar 10 15:35:24 EST 2011

I can't comment on the CSS for layer 7 routing, but we use the F5 LTM (BigIP) to do plenty of L7 manipulation via iRules.

Depending on the load on the VIP and the horsepower of the load balancer you would do well to stay out of manipulation that has to do with any body content and use the HTTP headers exclusively, like cookie values, hostnames, etc.

Good luck.

-wil