[c-nsp] Nexus equipment in corporate networks

Alan Kirchhoff alank at starbug.net
Sat Mar 12 11:26:31 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:22 AM, chris stand <cstand141 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Is anyone here using Nexus 7Ks in their corporate networks ?
> Other than the management vDC are you breaking up your networks into
> multiple vDCs ?

We created a 2nd vDC and moved all ports into that context. We noticed that
rebooting a non-default takes about 2 minutes, while rebooting the default
context (obviously) reboots the entire chassis with takes about 8-10
minutes.

Do this will save you a little time if you have a software glitch, but won't
help if you have a major hardware problem. So far, the 7K have been
relatively stable.

Rgds,

Alan