[c-nsp] Alternatives to 3750G-12S for fiber aggregation?

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sun Mar 13 16:21:47 EDT 2011

On 3/11/2011 6:05 PM, Jeremy Parr wrote:
> I have used the -12S in the past as a relatively low cost option for
> aggregating 1Gig fiber connections on low density campuses. Since the 3750
> is getting long in the tooth, and the -E and -X models supporting 10Gig
> interfaces now, is there a more up to date option? I only need 1Gig
> interfaces, two 10 Gig modules would be nice for growth.

We were traditionally using 3550-12s in the past for fiber aggregation,
and have used a few 3750-12s, but they are pricey.  If you need 10G,
there is the 3560E-12, but oh boy, they are pricey.  There is not (yet)
a 3750E-12 (nor -X).

If you need "a few more than 12" ports, have a look at the Brocade
[Foundry] FCX624F.  10G, stackable, redundant power options.

Jeff