[c-nsp] Distance limit of ASA Failover

David White, Jr. (dwhitejr) dwhitejr at cisco.com
Thu Mar 17 17:57:47 EDT 2011

Yes, but it is not quite as granular.  See:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/ha_overview.html#wp1077627

    For optimum performance when using long distance failover, the
    latency for the failover link should be less than 10 milliseconds
    and no more than 250 milliseconds. If latency is more than10
    milliseconds, some performance degradation occurs due to
    retransmission of failover messages.

Sincerely,

David.