[c-nsp] WS-C2950-EI as ISP access, best practices

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sun Mar 20 11:30:06 EDT 2011

It depends on what's connected to the port.  If it's a datacenter then your
NOC just had to figure out what's wrong.  If it's a port connected to a
user, chances are the user will have no clue why their port is bouncing
every 5 minutes and call support.  Also, bpduguard forces the user to
disable spanning tree if they connect a switch to your infrastructure which
may be worse.  In the past I've found ways to safely drop customer bpdu's
without any manual intervention to be the best way in certain cases.