[c-nsp] What is the lowest latency switch?

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:34:54 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Lincoln Dale <ltd at cisco.com> wrote:

> On 20/03/2011, at 12:32 AM, Ziv Leyes wrote:
>
> > I would love to see a fully functional shell cli on network devices that
> would allow us to gather information more effectively  using
> grep,awk,sed,etc...
>
> speaking for NX-OS, you have all of awk/sed/grep/tr/wc/sort/uniq/diff
> already available and we've been pretty responsive in adding new types on
> request...

About time too. These tools have only been available on *NIX boxes for the
last 20+ years.

(Currently I have to use all kinds of sshpass/here-doc hacks to get sane
management of network equipment.)

> in NX-OS we have done a lot of things to assist 'operators' based on clue
> and feedback.

How about bringing some of this sanity to the rest of IOS? Or making NX-OS
available on more platforms? (I know, there is no money in that.)

> cheers,
>
> lincoln.

Tim:>