[c-nsp] Unknown unicast only occuring when a host is under attack...

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Mar 24 14:11:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've never seen this issue before and I don't find a lot of information about it on the Internet.

Basically what is happening is a host in a VLAN is getting flooded with http requests and when this happens the http requests are being unicast to all ports in this VLAN.

This only happens when the host is being flooded when I block the attack, normal traffic isn't being unicast flooded.

I would think that if this was normal unknown unicast it would always happen after the cam expires the mac entry...?

Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

System is a 6500 (sup 720s) /w SXI5.

thanks,
-Drew