[c-nsp] 2911 Terminal Server 8bits character problem

Chubby chubby_cripth at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 22:46:50 EDT 2011

Hi harold,

Is not me or the router that make a session. But the server behind.
The scenario is like this :
Terminal host <connect to asyn serial router> == router 2911 == <connect to switch>== solaris server

Because of old system terminal host can only talk using serial.
Server will initiate connection by telnet to router ie: telnet 10.10.10.10 2003
After connected they will start send received data. It all worked fine.

Sometime the terminal host Stop receiving data. After monitoring through wireshark and telescope (serial protocol analyzer)

The host did not received "0xFF" payload, which is through wireshark I capture the packet with 0xFF is sent through router.

Have u experience this before?

Best Regards,

Ranokarno