[c-nsp] New Joiner - ME3600X and tools

Leigh Harrison lharrison at convergencegroup.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 08:06:23 EDT 2011

Hello there group,

I'm new and wanted to drop a note to say hello.

I work for a service provider over in the UK and although not new to
Cisco, I'm pretty new to Service Provider environments, I've been a
member of the cisco-voip group before.

First question then:

We're just about to buy a job lot of ME3600X's - anyone using them and
any feedback on them (especially on them running IPv6)?

And Second questions whilst I'm on:

What tools are you guys using (ideally open source ones) to keep an eye
on your networks?  (Especially Jitter)

We have a full Cisco network setup here being monitored by Solarwinds,
which we also use to monitor CPE equipment too.  But I've installed us a
Debian server running smokeping.  I'm using the TelnetIOSPing to login
into various network nodes and graph latency over the core - check it
out if you've not seen it before.

Cheers Group!

Leigh H