[c-nsp] Serial lead

Michael Robson michael.robson at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 04:29:58 EDT 2011

I have a new Macbook pro running Snow Leopard that i want to be able to connect to Cisco console ports and before getting the Mac I thought that this would be trivial; but I see now that people can have problems finding USB-to-Serial leads that actually work with their Macs. I have tried a Keyspan serial adapter which works well, but as I want to buy a few I'm slightly reluctant to spend £40 a pop for something so simple. Do people have recommendations of cheaper alternatives that consistently work, or do I need to bite the bullet and buy Keyspan connectors?

Ta,

Michael.