[c-nsp] Serial lead

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Mar 30 05:28:19 EDT 2011

On 30/03/2011 09:12, Alan Buxey wrote:
> huh? no problems with any 32-bit OSX here.   64-bit is a problem as you say

my consistent experience is:

- on 32 bit os/x, my USA-19HS usually works fine until about the third or
fourth time it's unplugged from the USB socket, after which time I cannot
receive anything on the serial port (although it still seems to send stuff).

- on 64 bit os/x, it usually causes a kernel panic by the second or third
time it's unplugged.

I went out and invested in a pl2303 converter and use the SF driver for mac
os/x.  Now, I have one less thing to froth at the mouth about.

as with most things, ymmv.

Nick