[c-nsp] Unidirectional CDP traffic

Gökhan Gümüş ggumus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:50:33 EDT 2011

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for this.
Actually interfaces are all working as trunk port however they configured
like this.

We cleared counters and made ping tests.
Please see our test results below,

*Clearing counters:

*
=== London ===
LIXCORML01#cle count gi3/16
Clear "show interface" counters on this interface [confirm]
LIXCORML01#p 10.119.44.150

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.119.44.150, timeout is 2 seconds:
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

LIXCORML01#sh int gi3/16
GigabitEthernet3/16 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
  Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet Port, address is 68ef.bd4f.ccd7 (bia
68ef.bd4f.ccd7)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, link type is force-up, media type is 1000BaseLH
  input flow-control is on, output flow-control is on
  ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Last input never, output never, output hang never
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:00:21
  Input queue: 0/2000/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
     0 packets input, 287503 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 0 broadcasts (0 multicasts)
     0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
     38 packets output, 2720 bytes, 0 underruns
     0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
     0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

LIXCORML01#sh cdp nei gi3/16
Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
                  S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone,
                  D - Remote, C - CVTA, M - Two-port Mac Relay

Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port ID
LIXCORML01#
===

=== Stockholm ===

SOXCORML01#cle count gi3/11
Clear "show interface" counters on this interface [confirm]
SOXCORML01#p 10.119.44.149

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.119.44.149, timeout is 2 seconds:
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

SOXCORML01#sh int gi3/11
GigabitEthernet3/11 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
  Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet Port, address is 68ef.bd4f.c51e (bia
68ef.bd4f.c51e)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, link type is force-up, media type is 1000BaseLH
  input flow-control is on, output flow-control is on
  ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Last input 00:00:00, output never, output hang never
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:00:21
  Input queue: 0/2000/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
     35 packets input, 2910 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 35 broadcasts (35 multicasts)
     0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
     53 packets output, 3776 bytes, 0 underruns
     0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
     0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

SOXCORML01#sh cdp nei gi3/11
Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
                  S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone,
                  D - Remote, C - CVTA, M - Two-port Mac Relay

Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port ID
LIXCORML01.nd.barcapint.com <http://lixcorml01.nd.barcapint.com/>
                 Gig 3/11          133             R S I  WS-C4900M Gig 3/16
SOXCORML01#
===

Thanks in advance.

Gokhan