[c-nsp] 7600 SXF and IPv6

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Tue May 3 13:54:00 EDT 2011

On Tue, 3 May 2011, vince anton wrote:
> We currently run SFX14 on 7600 SUP720-3BXL with line cards having DFCs
>
> Box has been stable doing L2 aggreagation and some L3 SVI stuff OSPF, BGP
> (not full feed). All this for v4 only
>
> I would now like to turn on v6 on this box, having been reasonably sucesfull
> with v6 on 7206s in my network, mainly same stuff, OSPFv3 and dual stacking
> SVIs
>

> Anyone has experiemces to share or known v6 issues with SXF (or v4 issues
> with v6 enabled for that matter), or should I be looking at SRC/SRD/SRE for
> 7600 ?

I have 9 6500+SUP720-3BXL boxes with a mix of CFCs & DFCs running
ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M 12.2(33)SXI1, 12.2(33)SXI4a, & 12.2(33)SXI5 doing BGP,
IS-IS, & OSPF for IPv4 & IPv6 with good results except:
    o  uRPF for IPv6 kills the CPU; do ACLs instead
    o  RA guard at 12.2(33)SXI4a seems broken;  I haven't tried it in anything
       more recent