[c-nsp] SXJ - The good, the bad, the ugly?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed May 4 04:09:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 09:32:32AM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> Does this mean they gave up on modular classic IOS?

Seems like it.  But given how pathetic that effort was - no buy-in from
any other BUs, thus quite limited resources for development, and thus no
effective modularity at all, except for fully-modular CDP (yay!) - this
was a logical step to expect.

It's frustrating me quite some, especially since we bought 6500/Sup720
instead of 7600/RSP720 specifically because we wanted modularity - but
yeah, Cisco politics.

Let's see whether IOS XE will ever mature out of "oh, yes, we have a
fully modular operating system and then there's the IOS process running
as a single big blob on top of it!"...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de