[c-nsp] TFTPServer loadbalancing in one leg ace

Christopher.Marget at usc-bt.com Christopher.Marget at usc-bt.com
Fri May 6 12:26:59 EDT 2011

> I'm trying to loadbalance between two tftp-servers in an ace4700.
> I only have one service Vlan connected to the context.
> I'm having problems with the nat on the udp in the response.
> I can't get the src-nat to work on the response from the servers.

Most TFTP servers send their reply traffic from something other than
the UDP port where the server is listening.  Keeping track of this traffic
would be a tall order for most L4 mangling boxes, I'd imagine.
http://bit.ly/jA6VKS

Does the ACE have an application-aware TFTP module, or are you trying to do this with a generic L4 module?