[c-nsp] where is mac address for a 1720?

Antonio Querubin tony at lavanauts.org
Tue May 10 13:10:52 EDT 2011

I've had to reset the cookie for a Cisco 1720 which was failing to boot up
due to a checksum failure.  Apparently the cookie contents were completely
lost.  After resetting the cookie to defaults, it now boots up but because
I was unable to locate the MAC address, it's booting up with a MAC of
0000.0000.0000.  Although I can set the MAC to some random set of bits,
I'd like to restore the original MAC but can't seem to find it even after
popping the cover off.  I'm probably not looking in the right place.  Is
the MAC not printed anywhere on the device?  A google search doesn't turn
up any hints of where it might be.

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony at lavanauts.org
xmpp:  antonioquerubin at gmail.com